We offer a total of 14 hours of classes: 6 hours of individual content, 3 more of discussion-based content plus 5 more hours of couple content.
Live broadcast discussions:
- Historical anecdotes (Bobby White).
- Contemporary anecdotes (teachers’ team).
- Inclusivity in the Balboa scene (teachers’ team).
Individual content pre-recorded classes:
- Improvisation (Bobby White): we’ll work on the skill of unadulterated, unfiltered, improvisational Balboa movement.
- Step to the beat: Rhythms and Directions (Jon&Cris Kay): designed to help you to move and be creative. We will work on different rhythms to develop your own personality in the dance while adding color to your movement.
- Berlin 1936 (Gloria Garcia): expand your movement repertoire, improve the quality of your movement and be more expressive in your dancing using Laban training.
- Teachers Training (Gloria Garcia): an introduction to new methodologies for teaching Balboa looking for better and more efficient results in all levels.
- How to make movement interesting (Gio Olla): we’ll work with some ideas to change up steps and make them more interesting.
- Build Your Own Balboa (Mel&Jo Calanglang): through training drills we’ll prepare and strengthen our bodies so we are more able to dance instinctively to the music.
Couple content pre-recorded classes:
- Balboa Body Control (Bobby White): we’ll master the skill of body support and awareness, so that our bodies will love us and do what we ask them to.
- Where or When? Playing with Time and Rhythm (Jon&Cris Kay): we will play with changing the “key” moments, timing and rhythms in some classic movements to add a bit of spice to our dance.
- Developing your own couple style (Gloria Garcia): we’ll work on Balboa movement dynamics to help you find the type of quality of movement that suits you better as a dance couple.
- How to play with PureBal Rhythms (Gio Olla): new ways to develop rhythms in PureBal without learning choreography.
- Feelings (Mel&Jo Calanglang): understanding and working with your partner’s connection, flow, weight distribution to create a dynamic partner energy in balboa and swing.
Except for the live broadcast sessions via Zoom, classes will be pre-recorded and shared through a private YouTube channel to avoid communication difficulties in terms of connection, sound and translation. In addition to this, all pre-recorded classes will have two parts; the first one will be released two weeks before the event and the second one, during the event being all available for 6 weeks following the event and taking into account the questions received. Also, all pre-recorded classes will be in English with the option of automatic subtitles in any language.
If you also wish to get personal feedback, you can choose to have a private session with one of the teachers up to 8 weeks after registering.